observations - valid,representative,significant and relevant

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
smippy
Helper
Helper

observations - valid,representative,significant and relevant

Post by smippy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Apologies for not posting for a while I have recently lost my job and was reassessing whether to continue with my Diploma or not at this stage,but I have decided to go ahead as I do not have alot left to study.I am sure that I have posted about this before but I cannot find anything.I would like to know if anyone else has approached the question of Provide and example of an observation that is valid,representative,significant and relevant.I am unsure if this question requires 1 example covering all four areas or four seperate examples.I have looked at the pages of my learner guide where the defenitions of each word are given and an example of each so not sure if I should just choose one of them but as I said before they appear to be all seperate situations.

Lorina

Re: observations - valid,representative,significant and relevant

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time at the moment! Good decision to continue on with your Diploma even though you may feel down about your job at the moment, there are plenty of centres out there! So, keep your head up!

Ok with your question, I think it requires you to do 1 observation and make sure that it contains the points of being valid, representative, significant and relevant. Typically when writing an observation itself, it should automatically have those points addressed in how you write it.

:geek:,
Lorina

smippy
Helper
Helper

Re: observations - valid,representative,significant and relevant

Post by smippy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback on this question.Is this site based in Australia or elsewhere.I am just asking because I was told about a job running a creche today and I was under the impression that for this type of job the person would need to be fully qualified.? could be mistaken though.