Monitoring the acquisition of resources

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tatesd

Monitoring the acquisition of resources

Post by tatesd » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC511A & CHCORG428A - Professional Practice
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Explain the strategy used by your service to monitor the acquisition of resources for children the reflect diversity?
Document a range of resources that reflect diversity
Write a conclusion about findings and where appropriate make a recommendation for additional resources

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I am finding it difficult to understand the wording of the first part of the question, my understanding so far is that I need to explain ways that my service can monitor resources that are obtained for the service to use that reflect diversity, is this correct?

I understand what types of resources:
songs in different cultures and languages
music from different cultures e.g. instruments
food - different celebrations
books & posters

any help would be appreciated to help me get my head around the wording of the question

thanks

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Monitoring the acquisition of resources

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:58 am

I think the first question refers to how your centre gains or acquires resources based on/ which reflects cultural diversity. Meaning are resources bought, printed from websites, brought in by families, borrowed etc. Although I'm not too sure, read the following: Resource Aquisition

Second question write all resources at your centre that reflect diversity. For example; CDs in different languages, multicultural posters, multicultural books, information translated in different languages, cultural clothing in dress ups, multicultural pretend foods etc.

After you have written your list make a note whether the resources within your centre are sufficient or do you need to get more etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A