Knowledge questions development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jacquie93

Knowledge questions development

Post by jacquie93 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Development CHCF504A
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Sara is 10 months old and has been in a children’s service for 3 months. She crawls around the floor to explore her room and resources finding a soft ball. She grasps the ball and looks at the educator often needing constant reassurance from a significant adult, and frequently returns back to the educator with the ball. As she looks around again she calls out to make contact. Sara’s emerging social emotional development suggests strategies must be put into place to complement and support this development. Identify an appropriate strategy to assist Sara.

Leave the room to assist Sara to cope with her emerging independence
Interact with Sara as she looks towards the educator: ‘Sara, I can see you. You’re playing with the ball’.
Move away from her as she approaches: ‘Sara, you don’t need to follow me.’
Sit Sara with other children to distract her from the educator.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
My first answer was " Sit Sara with other children to distract her from the educator "
I thought putting her with the other children would help her become more involved. :S

Description and Message:
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Lorina

Re: Knowledge questions development

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:45 am

I'd actually choose the second one... Even if you sit Sarah with other babies it will not distract her from the educator and at the moment her development suggests that she is crawling and grasping the ball rather than trying to get the educator away from her...

That's what I suggest anyway...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A