Holistic learning and development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bhecktorrijos

Holistic learning and development

Post by bhecktorrijos » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi there,I need to create an environment or activities for holistic learning and development it is hard for me as I am in the babies room.I need to think the whole child.Hope anyone can help me please thank you so much!!!

Janiedaniel

Re: Holistic learning and development

Post by Janiedaniel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:50 pm

A holistic learning environment is one that cherrishes all aspects of students' learning. The environment should be safe, supportive, and provides opportunities to help students deal with non-academic as well as academic factors that impact their learning. Creation of such an environment requires the establishment of a supportive learning community. For a variety of reasons, establishing such a learning community of first-year medical students can be challenging. This communication presents one approach to meeting this challenge in a medical school Human Physiology course. Steps were taken at the beginning of the course to create the community, and activities designed to reinforce these efforts were incorporated into the course as it progressed.