Help me! CHCIC501A - Assessment 9 - Part 2 Question 9

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lilly

Help me! CHCIC501A - Assessment 9 - Part 2 Question 9

Post by Lilly » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501A - Manage Children Services Workplace Practice
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Company:
XYZ Child Care Centre

Your position:
Room Leader (Diploma Trained)

Employees (diverse backgrounds, abilities and ages):
• Director/Authorised Supervisor
• Centre Cook/chef
• 4 Diploma Trained Room Leaders
• 4 Certificate III Trained Assistants
• 2 Untrained

Rooms in the Centre:
• Beautiful Babies Room has 10 babies
• Terrific Toddlers Room has 10 toddlers
• Jolly Juniors has 15 juniors
• Perfect Preschoolers has 15 preschoolers

Case scenario:
XYZ Child Care Centre is a 56 place centre located in New South Wales. Most of the rooms are operating at full capacity. Recent changes have seen to the child to staff ratio for under 2’s drop from 1:5 to 1:4.

Q9. With recent changes, it appears XYZ Childcare Centre will no longer be compliant in regards to Part 4, Division 1, Clause 53 of the Childrens’ Services Regulations. Prepare a report on suggested strategies for meeting compliance. Also include in your report any compliance issues in line with regulations, standards, legislation and organisation requirements: (if any)

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Nothing so far...

After researching report structures I've found the below, but it just seems too detailed and long.

A Report should contain…
Title Page This highlights the central theme of the report and includes the title, author’s names, dates, and the person or organisation which has commissioned, requested or required the report
Acknowledgements (optional) This conveys gratitude and recognition to those who have contributed to the preparation of the report
Contents This is essential if the report exceeds three or four pages. List the main sections and sub-sections of the report in sequence. The headings should be identified to those used in the report, together, with the page number. A list of illustrations and appendices should be detailed, however, it is often better to complete this section after writing the report
Summary This is useful if the report is long, and provides the reader with a brief outline of the report. This can act as an introduction to the subject of the full report, a guide as to whether the report is of interest, and as a time saver to a busy reader. The summary should be no more than a page in length. Paragraph one should define the report's purpose, paragraph two should outline what was done and how, paragraph three should report on the main findings, paragraph four should identify the main conclusion, and the final paragraph should outline the main recommendations.
To write a summary:
• read the report, isolate and summarise the central theme,
• read each section, isolate and summarise the main statement in each section,
• get rid of lengthy lists, repetition, detailed description,
• replace with general statements, and
• combine into a continuous written piece as briefly as possible.
Introduction This sets the scene, and should include the following:
• Why the report was written.
• What the background to the report is.
• Terms of reference - determines the scope or parameters of the report, and what we are trying to do (i.e. objective, purpose and use).
• Method of investigation.
• Resources available.
• Sources used.
• Limitations.
• Structure of report.
Main body This is the main substance of the report detailing key findings. It consists of information we have found and what we have found out from it. It should not include opinions, conclusions or recommendations. This is the most longest section of the report, and may contain the most sub-sections
Conclusion This should link the terms of references (what we were trying to do) with the findings to assess the facts. Draws together the main points of the report, presents an overview, and looks at future consequences. No new information should be raised here. A conclusion may include recommendations if these arise from the conclusion.
Recommendation These should follow logically on from the conclusion, must be specific, measurable and achievable. They should propose how the situation/problem could be improved by stating the actions to be taken. Ideally, recommendations should be numbered.
Appendices Consists of supplementary information not required for the main body of the report.
References These should list bibliographic details of all the materials mentioned in the text, or extracts quoted, using a recognised referencing protocol (e.g. Harvard referencing style)
Bibliography Includes bibliographic details of all material mentioned in the references, plus other materials used, but not referred to, in the main body of the report. This is not always necessary, particularly if using a referring system that involves footnotes.
Glossary Useful if the report uses a lot of technical vocabulary or acronyms to give definitions
Index Not always included, but very helpful for finding specific items within the body of the report.

Description and Message:
Hi everyone,

I'm really unsure about how to begin with answering this question :sweating:

Any help or advise would be highly appreciated :)

Many thanks in advance.

Lorina

Re: Help me! CHCIC501A - Assessment 9 - Part 2 Question 9

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 am

Ok so you have information on what and how to make a report now you have to write the report. I searched the Children's Regulation Part 4 Division 1 Clause 53 and I think it is referring to cooking staff. In the link I am providing below it is on page 33.

Children Regulation

Have a read through the information under Cooking Staff and your report will need to be on how the childcare centre will need to meet the requirements etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A