Follow Up Experience - Wombat Wobble

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Follow Up Experience - Wombat Wobble

Post by WarblerOn » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 pm

For my plan for Physical I'd like to do the wombat wobble
but I'm stuck on the Rationale. i'm not sure if it is sounding the way I want it to sound. I want to say that it's to follow up on my focus childs interest of pretending to be animals

but I'm not sure how to extend that to make it more meaningful and towars the physical goal.
I wrote To introduce the wombat wobble for (Focus Child's name) which encourages fine and gross motor movement following the interest of being animals e.g. see (Focus Child's name) learning story.

Is this okay is all i want to know? Thank you :?:
I keep feeling like it needs to be more (something)
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Follow Up Experience - Wombat Wobble

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:49 am

The Wombat Wobble is an action song that introduces different animals and each of their actions. So for the rational behind it you can do something like:

Learning Outcome 3.2.4 - Combines gross and fine motor movement and balance to achieve increasingly complex patterns of activity including dance, creative movement and drama.

Whenever you need rationale or a goal for an experience whether it be on the program, observation, learning story etc. you can use the sub outcomes in the learning outcomes itself. It just provides you with more choices in terms of what a child can achieve through different experiences and it also shows how you are linking the child's learning and development to the EYLF.

How Children Can Achieve Learning Outcomes

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Post by WarblerOn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:26 pm

It definately helps I had that Outcome 3.2 in my EYLF Outcomes so perfect! Thank you. I just get mental blocks when I come home and I'm trying to write up plans for the next couple of days.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:56 am

No problem!

Good to always have a copy of the learning outcomes readily available to help you out as well!

:geek:,
L.A