Evidence For The 5 Quality Standards

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
AppleAshleigh

Evidence For The 5 Quality Standards

Post by AppleAshleigh » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Quality Management
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
I need some help trying to find 5 pieces of evidence for each of the following standards.
I would be very happy if someone would be able to help me out here as I am really confused on what sort of pieces of evidence I need for each standard.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have tried but I am not quite sure

Description and Message:
I need to find 5 pieces for evidence for each of the following elements.
I need to make sure it is very good as I need to use it for my next piece of assessment.

Standard 2.1 Each child’s health is promoted.
(element 2.1.3 Effective hygiene practices are promoted and implemented)

Standard 2.2 Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.
(element 2.2.2 physical activity is promoted through planned and spontaneous experiences and is appropriate for each child)

Standard 2.3 Each child is protected.
(element 2.3.4Educators, coordinator's and staff members are aware of their roles and responsibilities to respond to every child at risk of abuse or neglect.)
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Quality Management

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 am

Just take each standard and think about things that we do during the course of the day that fits in with them.

Example - 2.1 Hand washing before and after eating , 2.2 - Planned gross motor time, 2.3 - Children are not allowed to go home with people we do not know unless have permission from parents

Just think of some more than can fit under these headings, there are heaps I can think of...if you put them down I am happy to go through them to see if you are on the right track

AppleAshleigh

Re: Evidence For The 5 Quality Standards

Post by AppleAshleigh » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 am

Standard 2.1 Each child’s health is promoted
(element 2.1.3 Effective hygiene practices are promoted and implemented)
*Hand washing
*Hygiene policy\Procedure
*Coughing in arm
*Nappy changing area
*Dental Hygiene

Standard 2.2 Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children
(element 2.2.2 physical activity is promoted through planned and spontaneous experiences and is appropriate for each child)
*Healthy Eating Pyramid
*Children engaging in experiences - food tasting
*children drinking water after eating
*easy accessable drinking bottles
*relaxed mealtimes

Standard 2.3 Each child is protected
(element 2.3.4Educators, coordinator's and staff members are aware of their roles and responsibilities to respond to every child at risk of abuse or neglect.)
*Storage of chemicals
*Sun safety picture
*unable to access powerpoints (children)
*Medication container locked away
*Climbing equipment with soft fall areas