Evaluation... HELP

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tiger2

Evaluation... HELP

Post by tiger2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: PLanning and Documentation
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I have never evaluated an activity for a single child before, for my assignment i'm required to evaluate the activities for my individual focus children. I have no idea if im doing it right, i cant think of anything else to put into it at the moment please help i have until Friday to do 5 of them.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
The experience work wonderfully, Oscar curiously approached the maracas and patiently waited for his turn. During this time Oscar source his own method of entertainment through understanding maths concepts, he recognised the symbols for three and four. He also used expressive language and gestures between the educator and another child as we interacted with him. As Oscar received the maraca for the first time he manipulated it correctly using his hands and wrists. Oscar experimented with different motions, such as fast and slow, and joined in with other children as they sang. Providing lots of materials allowed the inclusion of all children, giving Oscar the opportunity to engage and interact with other children. With no limits Oscar was able to freely express and create within the large outdoor space.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Evaluation... HELP

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Great response! For someone who hasn't done an evaluation before it's really good! :thumbup:

The only thing that I'd like to add is that you may want to mention whether or not the learning outcome has been achieved through the experience he participated in. So, for example for the experience you are evaluating if the learning outcome you chose was 4: Children are confident and involved learners you can add something like...

Through the follow up experience I observed Oscar being a confident and involved learner... Then you add what you had wrote.

Hopefully this isn't confusing you...

:geek:,
L.A

tiger2

Post by tiger2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:20 am

Hi thanks, no i really appreciate the feedback, thank you. One more question, do i write up extensions or future possibilities after the evaluation?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Yeah, you will need to include a follow up for all observations. When writing observations the format in which to use is like this:

- observation
- evaluation
- follow up experience
- evaluation (this is just to record if and how the outcome was achieved. If the outcome wasn't achieved you will need to plan further experiences until the outcome is successfully completed by the child).

Hopefully this makes sense,

:geek:,
L.A