Encouraging Children To Make Decisions

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Gamze

Encouraging Children To Make Decisions

Post by Gamze » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Can Someone Help Me With This Question Please

Describe three different situations in which an educator could encourage a child to make decisions for themselves. For each situation, describe the process you would follow to support the child in making the decision

JessD22

Re: Can Someone Help Me

Post by JessD22 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:54 pm

When eating; choosing what food e.g. banana over apple, if child can't decide encourage "How about banana you like banana,"
Educator when helping child with dressing: "Would you like to try putting on your shoes/pants/t-shirt?" etc.. and if they are struggling, help them out
Choosing activities; implementing stimulating environments where children can have a choice of which activity they want to participate in; as an educator provide attractive, eye catching resources and providing assistance in activities to help the child's learning

Gamze

Post by Gamze » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Thankyou For The Information ...

JessD22

Post by JessD22 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:37 pm

No worries hope it helps

Gamze

Post by Gamze » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:41 pm

Its a project that i am doing thats way i need more info were can i get more information

NorthLight36
Helper
Helper

Post by NorthLight36 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Gamze,

I'm sorry, but you really should ask assignment questions in the appropriate forum.