Diploma in Children's Services

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sarah1995

Diploma in Children's Services

Post by Sarah1995 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive policies and practices in children’s services.
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hello, i am stuck on a few questions, i have looked in my text book and on the internet but i cant find what im looking for.

]What are the barriers which prevent or deter families from disadvantaged groups from accessing children’s services?

List the key benefits of inclusion children with additional needs.

Thank you

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I havent gotten any so far.

Description and Message:
Hello, i am stuck on a few questions, i have looked in my text book and on the internet but i cant find what im looking for.

What are the barriers which prevent or deter families from disadvantaged groups from accessing children’s services?

List the key benefits of inclusion children with additional needs.

Thank you

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Diploma in Children's Services

Post by cathiek » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Disadvantaged families may not have transport to get to a service, they may not be aware that these sort of services are available, they may move regularly and this makes it hard to find a service, they may feel intimidated by the service, particularly if they only have a small amount of education behind them.
Key benefits of inclusion; - the opportunity to join in with their peers in play & learning, form friendships, learn social skills, (also there are benefits to their familis and the staff at childcare)
This are a few ideas but I am sure you can think of many more - hope this gives you a starting point.
Cathiek