diploma in children's cervices tafe

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
alina
Participator
Participator

diploma in children's cervices tafe

Post by alina » Thu May 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCINF407A Meet information needs of the community
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
you are about to open a long day care service in a busy inner city suburb. you have done considerable research and discovered that there is a high level of unmet demand in relation to the care of children between the age of two to twelve. the surrounding area has a low unemployment rate but an abnormally high incidence of vandalism and teenage crime. Children loitering on the streets after school and late at night are only just starting to be as a social problem. Over 45% of the population in the surrounding area have a tertiary education. The rate of separation and divorce in the area is five % higher than the state average.

1) Based on this scenario, identify the information your potential clients and general community would want to know about :

a)Your service
b)Children's health and wellbeing/support agencies?

2)Develop a portfolio. This would include pamphlets, flyers ,recourses, web sites etc. of relevant organisations, services and support agencies. Ensure that the information you collect is :
a) Accurate
b)Current
c)Relevant

3) What are the main strengths and weaknesses of this information source/material? Provide a detailed evaluation. (A minimum of two to three paragraphs is required).

4) If a need for new information was to emerge (for example, in relation to fighting, swearing, or anti-social behaviour) and you discovered that the materials you had were inappropriate to your clients/workplace, who would you consult about the development of the new information/materials? why?

5) What strategy would you introduce within the first twelve months in your workplace to ensure that you were continually improving the effectiveness of your information materials?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I am not sure whether I am right or wrong.

1) a)I will go in community and aware them about their children's heath and physical development, insist peoples to apply for jobs who are unemployed, give add in news papers related to your service, pamphlets, publicity via media put add on local channels, also take help of social media.

b)children's health and wellbeing agencies :
Women's and child hospital, inclusive directions, department of child education.

2) No idea

3) strengths : if they were more aware we get more child in our service, kids were aware about what is good for them for healthy life, new generation will more educated and aware, if people get more educated they will get more opportunities for jobs, less crime.
weakness : may be people will against you because of no education, will not able to provide you fees because of they were unemployed.

4) I will consult to related department or support agencies they will help us if we need extra staff or any financial help.

5) will give training to our staff timely or check their qualifications, taking feedback from families or staff where need any improvement in policy we can change or improve the policies regularly, do evaluations.

Description and Message:

alina
Participator
Participator

Re: diploma in children's cervices tafe

Post by alina » Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm

hello everyone can anyone help me in this assignment I am really very stuck.

alina
Participator
Participator

Re: diploma in children's cervices tafe

Post by alina » Mon May 19, 2014 5:35 pm

hi everyone I am really stuck in this assignment can anyone help me I will be very thankful to you .I need to finish this unit by this week only.
thanks in advance :sweating: