Differences Between NCAC, QIAS and NQF, ACECQA

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
H.T.

Differences Between NCAC, QIAS and NQF, ACECQA

Post by H.T. » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi
I have read my information over and over again and must be have a brain strain, cause i'm finding it hard to answer the question
expain the difference betweent the old system (NCAC & QIAS) and the new system (NQF & ACECQA)
i current studying for my dilpoma can anyone help me out please
thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

koh_wyp

Re: regulations and quality assurance standards

Post by koh_wyp » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:27 pm

The seven quality areas in which the new National Quality Framework (NQF) will assess are: (new system)
QF1 Educational program and practice;
QF2 Children Health and Safety
QF3 Physical Environment
QF4 Staffing Arrangements
QF5 Relationships with childrens
QF6 Collaborative partnerships with families and communities;
QF7 Leadership and service management
The old system (National Child Care Accreditation Council 6 principles) are:
Quality Area 1 - Staff relationships with children, QA2 Partnerships with Families,QA3 Programming and evaluation, QA4 Children's Experiences and learning,QA5 Protectiveand care and QA6 Health,Nutritions and wellbeing

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:06 am

Hi H.T,

Early Childhood services are moving towards the NQF because:

- High quality education and care.

- Uniform national System (will replace NCAC eight separate systems)

- Improved standards for education and care ( New Quality Standards focussed on outcomes for children)

- Revised assessment and rating process (undertaken by regulatory authority, NCAC had a separate body).

-National Consistency.

- New regulations provide more details than previously.

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

H.T.

Post by H.T. » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:15 pm

thanks for the info
heather

H.T.

Post by H.T. » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 am

:D thanks for the help I subimitted my assessment workbook and passed
thanks

yanhan8811

Re: CHCIC510A Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour

Post by yanhan8811 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Discuss Quality standard 5.2, including:
The specific regulation from the Education and Care Services National regulations, that are linked to these standards

I was stuck on this questions, how the Education and Care services National regulations to linked to the QS 5.2, I couldn't find the answer, please help!
 National Regulation 156, 157 links to QA standards 5.2 Relationships with supportive care givers promote positive child development.
Having supportive relationships with the nominated supervisor, educators, co-ordinators and staff members enables children to develop confidence in their ability to express themselves work through differences, learn new things and take calculated risks; Educators’ and co-ordinators’ interactions with children convey to them that they are valued as competent and capable individuals. Educators are actively engaged in children’s learning and share decision making with them. They also use their everyday interactions with children during play, routines and ongoing projects to stimulate children’s thinking and to enrich their learning; Educators and co-ordinators supports children’s thinking and to enrich their learning; Educators and co-ordinators support children as they begin to empathise with others, to appreciate their connectedness and interdependence as learner and to value collaboration and teamwork; Positive and responsive one –to –one interactions with babies and toddlers are important to both their current wellbeing and their future development. Having secure relationships with educators encourage babies and toddlers to thrive, and provides them with a secure base for exploration and learning; As children grow and develop they continue to rely on secure, trusting and respectful relationships with the adults in their lives; Form birth children begin to explore how the social world works, they exploring and learning to manage feelings, behaviour, rights and responsibilities is a complex process; Educators and co-ordinators take a positive approach to guiding children’s behaviour that is ultimately aimed at empowering children to regulate their own behaviour and to develop the skills to negotiate and resolve conflicts or disagreements with others; Educators and co-ordinators develop guidance strategies that demonstrate respect and understanding of individual children when they strive to recognise and understand why each child may behave in a certain way, or why behaviour may occur in particular circumstances or at specific times of the day; A positive approach to guiding behaviour builds children’s confidence and self-esteem and is based on the development of caring, equitable and responsive relationships between educators and children.
i am not sure is it right answe.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:47 am

yanhan8811 wrote:Discuss Quality standard 5.2, including:
The specific regulation from the Education and Care Services National regulations, that are linked to these standards

I was stuck on this questions, how the Education and Care services National regulations to linked to the QS 5.2, I couldn't find the answer, please help!
 National Regulation 156, 157 links to QA standards 5.2 Relationships with supportive care givers promote positive child development.
Having supportive relationships with the nominated supervisor, educators, co-ordinators and staff members enables children to develop confidence in their ability to express themselves work through differences, learn new things and take calculated risks; Educators’ and co-ordinators’ interactions with children convey to them that they are valued as competent and capable individuals. Educators are actively engaged in children’s learning and share decision making with them. They also use their everyday interactions with children during play, routines and ongoing projects to stimulate children’s thinking and to enrich their learning; Educators and co-ordinators supports children’s thinking and to enrich their learning; Educators and co-ordinators support children as they begin to empathise with others, to appreciate their connectedness and interdependence as learner and to value collaboration and teamwork; Positive and responsive one –to –one interactions with babies and toddlers are important to both their current wellbeing and their future development. Having secure relationships with educators encourage babies and toddlers to thrive, and provides them with a secure base for exploration and learning; As children grow and develop they continue to rely on secure, trusting and respectful relationships with the adults in their lives; Form birth children begin to explore how the social world works, they exploring and learning to manage feelings, behaviour, rights and responsibilities is a complex process; Educators and co-ordinators take a positive approach to guiding children’s behaviour that is ultimately aimed at empowering children to regulate their own behaviour and to develop the skills to negotiate and resolve conflicts or disagreements with others; Educators and co-ordinators develop guidance strategies that demonstrate respect and understanding of individual children when they strive to recognise and understand why each child may behave in a certain way, or why behaviour may occur in particular circumstances or at specific times of the day; A positive approach to guiding behaviour builds children’s confidence and self-esteem and is based on the development of caring, equitable and responsive relationships between educators and children.
i am not sure is it right answe.

Please start a new topic in the correct assignment forum. I will be able to check and view your response once you have created a new topic for the question you posted above.

Thanks.

:geek:,
L.A