Developmental Summary

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ShayeRebecca

Developmental Summary

Post by ShayeRebecca » Sun May 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC510A Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Make up four anecdotal records, interpret them in the social/emotional/psychological domain and write up one developmental summary relating to the four observations.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
My problem is that no where in my learning guide do they explain what a developmental summary is. They skim past it and use in in one sentence but don't go into any detail about what it is or what it includes I just would like some examples of what a developmental summary is so I can get some sort of idea and then apply it to my assignment

Description and Message:
I've had to chose a provided case study and make up 4 anecdotal records relating to the case study and interpret then in the social/emotional/psychological domain.
Then I have to write up one developmental summary relating to the four observations that I made up.

My problem is that no where in my learning guide do they explain what a developmental summary is. They skim past it and use in in one sentence but don't go into any detail about what it is or what it includes I just would like some examples of what a developmental summary is so I can get some sort of idea and then apply it to my assignment

Thanks in advance

Shaye :)

Lorina

Re: Developmental Summary

Post by Lorina » Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 am

A developmental summary is basically a paragraph of the milestones the child achieves within their age/stage of development.

Here is a sample to get you started:

Developmental Summary

If you need a list of all the developmental domains and their milestones you can find them on our Wiki, in Child Development.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A