cultural competence

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chrissy91

cultural competence

Post by chrissy91 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

hi just after some help or for someone to point me in the right direction

Assignment - Question 1 & 2 i have answered

Question 3: Do a self-analysis on your skills in working in a culturally sensitive way. Based on this identify four key areas where you believe that further development is required.
My answer: Learn more about Muslims, Christians, Catholics and Vegans to understand their culture/way of life better. unsure if this is the right answer? or what else i need to add!

Question 4: Identify what organisation can assist you in obtaining knowledge of local cultural groups.
My answer: Aboriginal Land Council

Question 5: Identify one significant historical event that has had an impact on the development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contemporary society.
My answer: Aboriginal and Torres strait islander people were forcibly removed from their parents under government policy.

Question 6:Identify the impact of European settlement, loss of land and culture and the importance of law and kinship to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. i cant find anything

Question 7: Identify the traditional tribes associated with the land for your current location. (QLD)
My answer: unsure if these are right but i found these on google ajabatha, badjiri, barunggam, turrbal and jagera

Question 8: List a range of services for accessing local knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.
My answer: all i can find is aboriginal land council

any help will be appreciated :)