CHPRT001 & CHCLEG001 - Scenarios On Role Playing

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Chris25

CHPRT001 & CHCLEG001 - Scenarios On Role Playing

Post by Chris25 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi,
In need help on this role play scenario. For legal and ethical and required me to write a role play as acting as both educator and service director.
And i need to outline in both scenarios:
- what present concerns as an educator to the director.
- Respond to these concerns as a director, outline what guidance you would give to you educator.

Scenario 1

You are working with 2 1⁄2 year old Clara at a craft activity indoors, it is a hot day. Clara is wearing a long sleeve top with a high neck and trousers, socks and sneakers. You ask Clara if she would like to change into cooler clothing she shakes her head and moves to another activity. 
You then notice that she begins to sweat so you go to her bag to see if she has a change of clothes. When you don’t find any, you return with clothes from the service- a T-shirt and shorts. You ask Clara if she would like to change into cooler clothes. Clara is reluctant at first and looks down at the ground, although she eventually comes with you to change her clothing. 
Upon assisting Clara with changing her clothing, you notice bruising on her back and upper torso. The bruises are of different colour, some are yellow and brown, where others are more red and purple. It seems they are similar in shape and size. Clara does not look at you or answer when you ask about what happened. 

Scenario 2
The children in your 3 year old group are getting their food ready for an outdoor picnic. You notice that David doesn’t have any food packed again, so you make him a sandwich.
David eats the sandwich quickly without stopping to talk with the other children. You notice that as the picnic progresses nobody will sit next to David and the children who are seated close to him quickly finish their food and move off to play.
David asks if he can go to the toilet indoors. When David is gone, Samantha who was seated next to David approaches you. You ask Samantha why she didn’t finish her food today, she tells you that David is smelly.
You notice that David has been gone for a while, when you go inside to find him, you see David eating food from the other children’s bags.

For both of the scenarios, I have identified the indicator and what abuse and neglect they are.
But they also required in both scenarios that I:
- Stage your conversation surrounding the appropriate reference to the untied nations conversion on the rights of child as well as confidentiality considerations in line with privacy act 1988
- A process of responsibilities when reporting to both child first and child protection.
- The NQS and regulation that each scenario relates to, in working to protect the rights of children and young people.
- The impact on you as workers should you fail to receive appropriate guidance and direction in working in a legally compliant manner to protect the rights and safety of the child.
- your legal responsibilities, in regard to notifying the child families of your concerns.
- The impact on the child shot you fail to act in accordance with legislative requirements.

I know for Scenario 1 that a repot should be make to children protection service. Because it physical and their has been indicators. And the scenario 2 is child FIRST.

I really need help, Im so confused on how to do it the role play and add all of this in it.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: CHPRT001 & CHCLEG001 - Scenarios On Role Playing

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:48 pm

OK so with each scenario you have to start by asking the director if you could speak to her privately as you are concerned with a child... Then go on to tell the director with what you have observed etc. First, maybe you could write what you would say to the director, use the information in the scenario...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Then you could fill in what the director will say...

This may help:

Handling Disclosures Of Abuse

Lorina

Chris25

Post by Chris25 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:24 am

Thank you Lorina . I'll Definitely use it :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:06 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina