Child Who Has Different Experiences OF Bias/Stereotypes

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ludo

Child Who Has Different Experiences OF Bias/Stereotypes

Post by ludo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:03 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive policies and practices in children’s services
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Provide an example of when you have been challenged with your expectations of biases / stereotype in relation to interacting with a child who has different experiences

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
please help
(a situation i remember when a 3 year old kissed me before leaving which is common in his culture but not really acceptable in mine (lip kiss by children). that was so adorable but i guess it was not my expectation)

please share your experiences so that i can get an idea what this question is seeking.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Child Who Has Different Experiences OF Bias/Stereotypes

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:49 am

One I can think of:

I was talking to the children about getting my nose ring and one of the girls said "only cows have rings in their nose" :giggle: It was funny and we all had a laugh but then we did a whole topic on cultural significance of woman wearing nose rings in some cultures.

:geek:,
L.A

ludo

Re: Child Who Has Different Experiences OF Bias/Stereotypes

Post by ludo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:47 pm

:giggle: that's a good one thanks lorina.