Child Profile & Written Observations

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gouldy7
Participator
Participator

Child Profile & Written Observations

Post by gouldy7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 pm

Part A- Complete a Child Profile and Series of Written Observations

‘Permission to observe’ needs to be signed for each child being observed. These observations should be available to families should they request to observe them.

Students are required to select Three (3) children of differing ages to collaborate with families and Educators, to complete a profile on the background and future planning for each child.
• play preferences
• strengths and interests
• relationships

Students to complete a series of 5 written observations on the profile of EACH child selected –one for each of the following developmental domains:
• Physical development
• Social/Emotional development
• Cognitive Skills and development
• Language Skills and development
• Creative development

3 children X 5 observations each = 15 observations completed in total.

1. Each observation should be completed on the template provided in your assessment pack. Your observations must be detailed and include information of the child’s learning and conversations. Observations should be collected at different times of the day and in different locations.
2. Each observation must be completed with sufficient analysis of children’s skills and development and make relevant and meaningful links to the EYLF and the National Quality Standards.
3. Each observation must include further planning ideas that are connected and linked to the observation. Future planning suggestions should be reflective of the assessment requirements for Part B.
4. Complete a Summative Assessment (3 in total, one per child) for the focus children using the template provided

I am having problems with this assignment not sure I am doing this write how can I add to this for future planning and not sure if the other part of my assignment is correct

I have attached my attempt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Child Profile & Written Observations

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:28 am

So based upon this observation on blocks for a follow up experience you could do something like:

- Pattern Blocks
- Add a tent in home corner or outside for Riley to play in
- Add animals, cars, people figurines in block corner to enable Riley to create other structures using blocks

Use the attachment I provided in your previous topic "How Children Can Achieve Learning Outcomes" (available in Articles ---> Childcare Programming to help with choosing suitable outcomes for this experience...

:geek:,
Lorina