CHCRF511A - Scenario: Seedat

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rrice2031

CHCRF511A - Scenario: Seedat

Post by Rrice2031 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Unit CHCRF511A work in partnership with Families to provide appropriate care for Children
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I am a little confused about this Scenario which goes like this:
The Seedat family are new to your Centre just arrived from overseas.in spite of explaining the polices and procedures about the centre.They seem to know very little about it
The Family do not eat meat and prefer their children follow their family belief
The family request the girls in the family wear their tradition clothing while at the centre
The family do not tolerate misbehaviour and disobedience and want to follow their practice of smacking the child when they disobey and misbehave
The children are not to sleep during the day and their 2 year old child should be put to bed on her stomach wrapped in their traditional clothing

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
The question is " how do I respond to this Family's request considering limitations/compromises
Negotiate alternatives
I am not quite sure if we can take into consideration their religious beliefs? If so Are we breeching the policies and procedures?
Can we consider all their request?
If any one has answers please give me some suggestions help much appreciated!!!

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Help with the Assignment

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:29 am

Since they don't eat meat this can be arranged by the centre if offering meals. The centre will offer a vegetarian option instead of meat for the children.

There is nothing wrong with the children wearing their traditional clothes as long as it enables them to be able to play, get messy etc.

Educators are not allowed to smack children. There are other ways that the behavior is managed. Talk to parents about child protection and child safety and that you could be help for child abuse did hitting a child and it's not tolerated.

I see no problem with the 2 year old sleeping on her tummy as long as the cloth doesn't cover her face...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Rrice2031

Re: CHCRF511A - Scenario: Seedat

Post by Rrice2031 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi Lorina

Thanks heaps!!

Cheers!!!