CHCPR510B - Early Childhood Curriculum Model: Reggio Emilia

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
roguette

CHCPR510B - Early Childhood Curriculum Model: Reggio Emilia

Post by roguette » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Evaluating Programs
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I selected Reggio Emilia for this as we were able to chose from a few.

Select one EC curriculum model to ecplore in depth that could be delivered to an EC team. You should include:
a. An overview of the model
b. The underpinning philosophies/values.
c. The underpinning theoretical framework.
d. Description of how it may inform current EC programs in Australia.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I'm onto the third question here but want to make sure I'm on the right track and how to answer next two.

Description and Message:
a. I explained who created it, in what circumstances and what the wanted outcome was of the program when it was first made.

b. Search "values and principles reggio" on google, the first pdf is the document I referenced, using the headings eg: The Image of The Child but interpreting them in my own ways. Is this the correct thing to do? There were 4 much simpler principles on the Wikipedia article but this seems to be a little more in depth.

c. Is this meaning the theories by Vygotsky, Bruner etc that would be applicable?

d. Is this talking about how current EC programs could use the information to better their curriculum?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Assesment task 18

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 pm

With question b adding a little more detail is always better... So by the sounds of it, all seems alright with the information you provided (just make sure you referenced where you got the information from).

For question c I think it is referring to the theoretical framework of the Reggio Emilia approach itself. Im adding some more information for you to below which may help you with this question.

Yes for question c they are asking how would you use this approach in a EC curriculum. You should also be able to find this information in the documents Im attaching.

[attachment=1]Reggio_Emilia.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Reflection_Reggio_Emilia.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Me again,

Can you please provide me with the module number and module name for this assignment so I can edit the topic heading.

Thanks!
L.A

roguette

Post by roguette » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi,
It's CHCPR510B - Design, implement and evaluate programs and care routines for children.

RS

Keshia

Re: CHCPR510B - Early Childhood Curriculum Model: Reggio Emilia

Post by Keshia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi, I just seen this topic while I have been trying to find help on this exact assignment. I really do not understand what question c means. The first 2 questions I think I did okay, but I just don't know what underpinning theoretical framework is.

button91

Post by button91 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

i still don't understand question c and d for the underpinning theoretical freamwork and description of how it may inform current EC programs in Australia I read through both the documents and still don't know what to write so frustrated

Keshia

Post by Keshia » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 pm

i asked my trainer and she told me what to look for.
are you doing this through FDCTA

button91

Post by button91 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Keshia wrote:i asked my trainer and she told me what to look for.
are you doing this through FDCTA
okay can you give me ideas on what to look for

Keshia

Post by Keshia » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:54 pm

i didnt find those documents above that helpful. i just kept googling. you need to really read a lot of things on it. wikipedia actually says some really good stuff on it. and the question is like the main things it is based on, so the creativeness, artistic etc. answer the first half of the question first then the second.

talyalala
Participator
Participator

Post by talyalala » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Could you please help me with question d) A description of how it may inform current EC programs in Australia. I don't understand what the main purpose of the question is. What are they trying to ask me to search for reggio Emilia Aproach

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:03 am

talyalala wrote:Could you please help me with question d) A description of how it may inform current EC programs in Australia. I don't understand what the main purpose of the question is. What are they trying to ask me to search for reggio Emilia Aproach

I think it may be referring too how centres use part of the Reggio Emilia Approach within their setting...

See if you can use any of the following information in your response:

http://www.careforkids.com.au/childcare ... milia.html
http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... r_No31.pdf

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

talyalala
Participator
Participator

Post by talyalala » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 am

Thank you :) really did help