CHCORG428A - Goals and how to implement

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
veronicanguyen
Participator
Participator

CHCORG428A - Goals and how to implement

Post by veronicanguyen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi everyone, I have a few questions for my new unit that I do not know how I should answer. Please help to correct me.

Choose 1 standard of the NQS that provide areas of self-development for you.

a) Use the SMART method to define the goals and objectives that will help you improve your performance.
Standard 3.3 – The service takes an active role in caring for its environment and contributes to a sustainable future.
SMART goal: Children understand the importance of protecting the environment and know how to take care of the environment
SMART objectives: Teach children about the importance of protecting the environment and different ways to protect the environment.

b) Describe how you plan to achieve these goals.

-Read books about the importance of environment with children and discuss what we can do to protect the environment.
-Take children to the park and talk to them about the joy of being in green, clean, preserved places
-Good role-model
-Involve them in recycle programs

c) Describe how you will implement your plan to achieve these goals.

What is the difference between question B and question C? I feel like my answer in question B should be used for question C. If I use the answer of question B for question C, then how should I answer question B? I just do not get it. I mean they are the same for me.

d) Describe how you will evaluate the goals. Are they timely and realistic?

I will evaluate the goals to see if it is realistic or not. The goals which are realistic are those I can measure. I will measure by observing the children's behaviours and awareness towards the environment.

Thanks everyone :X
V

Lorina

Re: CHCORG428A - Goals and how to implement

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:35 am

Read books about the importance of environment with children and discuss what we can do to protect the environment.
-Take children to the park and talk to them about the joy of being in green, clean, preserved places
-Good role-model
-Involve them in recycle programs

For c) how to implement the plan:

-when will you read books, during group time? will you add books on the environment on the bookshelf and wait until a child shows interest?
-conduct an excursion to your nearby park
-will or educators role model? what will you role model?
-recycle programs for paper, food scraps at lunch times? add different bins within the centre?

It's basically asking you how will you achieve (go about doing it), for what you chose for part b..

d) Will you evaluate the goals after a week of implementing these plans? or you could evaluate it after 2 weeks. You could ask children what they know after a 2 week period and compare it to what they knew before hand. Are the children showing awareness of protection of environment? How? Record through observations, photos, child's comments etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:38 am

Just going through your question and it says:
Choose 1 standard of the NQS that provide areas of self-development for you.

a) Use the SMART method to define the goals and objectives that will help you improve your performance.

So doesn't this mean you need to choose one on improving YOUR performance?? rather than the service??

Lorina

veronicanguyen
Participator
Participator

Post by veronicanguyen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Lorina,
I talked to my instructor, she said we could get our performance improved even for standards for the service.
Thanks for helping me with the questions. Sometimes I go nuts with the questions as they are somehow very similar to each other for me :(

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:43 am

Good to hear you got that question clarified! :thumbup:

Lorina