CHCIC512A - Scenario: Jason

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tmh

CHCIC512A - Scenario: Jason

Post by tmh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC512A-plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hi everyone im hoping someone can help me with this question..
the situation the questions are based on is this: Jason, 5 years old, has no known father and his mother has a severe medical condition which, in the last year, has had her hospitalised regulary for periods of time. He is being cared for by different relatives and friends. He is sarting at your service five days a week.
I have to outline the impact on the child/family and what can I do to support the child/family. Any ideas? There are other situations I have completed but I seem to be a bit stuck on this one.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Researched on the internet. I have said the impact of the child would be that he may display aggressive or quiet behaviour.

Description and Message:
Need some help please :) first time posting on the forum so hoping I set it out right :)
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: need some help please!

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 pm

I was thinking:

Since he is 5 he probably knows what is going on... Make him feel included and offer him a variety of creative experiences he can use to express himself such as painting, drawing etc. Get him involved in lots of physical activities which can be used as a stress reliever. Offer him some space as well as encourage others include him in play.

During theorist few weeks keep in touch with parent and advise on how he is settling in. Send photos/ daily diary home so mum can read what is happening etc.

Hope this gives you a few ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

tmh

Post by tmh » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 am

They are great and very helpflul ideas, thankyou so much :P
Now i just have to figure out what the impact on the child/family would be.
Thanks again!

tmh

Post by tmh » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:44 am

can anyone help me with the impact part?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:12 am

Stress, depression and behavioural disorders as well as restricted opportunities to make friends and form relationships.

:geek:
L.A

tmh

Re: CHCIC512A - Scenario: Jason

Post by tmh » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

With your reply and the ones i did this morning, i have finished. Thanks!