CHCIC512A - Including A Child with Autism

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ryan

CHCIC512A - Including A Child with Autism

Post by ryan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: inclusion
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
In relation to inclusion of this child, discuss each of the following issues:
• Physical resources of the centre
 She likes to ride bike. She needs little help when she walks on obstacle course. She needs help with toileting. But now recently she can go to the toilet independently. I am using step ladder toilet seat for kids.
• Staffing Issues
• Working with other agencies
 I am running family day care so I discussed with my co-ordinator about her behaviour and she explained me how to handle her behaviour. And I searched on Google about autism and learned more about autism. I took her to the playgroup so I can see how she interacts with other kids and she feels about new environment.
• Partnerships with parents including parental input concerning the child’s background, health status and the parent’s goals for the child

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I write down the answers with the question. can anyone help me with the last question? its so confusing for me. plz help me with the last question.
thanx

Description and Message:
I hope I will get help from someone. thanx friends
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC512A

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 pm

From your question, I'm guessing the child you are focusing on has Autism.
Physical resources of the centre

is there anything the centre needs to purchase or add into the learning and physical environment to support this child? You mentioned a step ladder for toileting... anything else such as special toys or materials, specific activities, books etc.
Staffing Issues

Does the centre require any extra staff to support this child?
Working with other agencies

Are other agencies such as "Inclusion Support" required to train staff, provide funding to the centre etc?
Partnerships with parents including parental input concerning the child’s background, health status and the parent’s goals for the child

How have you developed partnership with the family? Regular meetings, feedback forms, day to day chats, communication book etc.

Hopefully this gives you an idea,

:geek:,
L.A