CHCIC511A - Community Experience/Link For Mental Impairment

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sr004

CHCIC511A - Community Experience/Link For Mental Impairment

Post by sr004 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive policies and practices in children’s services
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1. Provide an unbiased and politically correct alternative for each of the words describing people then identify a community experience or link for each:

I am stuck on what community experience or link I could provide to educate children around mental impairment.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I had though perhaps an incursion - have someone from the local Health Centre or an Integration Aid worker come and talk to the children? (I have chosen incursion for two of the four questions though).

I have interpreted this questions as them wanting something from the local area I live in, we are a small country town with only the basics, a hospital, maternal health, health centre etc.

Description and Message:
Any respectful suggestions appreciated
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

debzo
Participator
Participator

Re: Relevant community experience or link

Post by debzo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:06 am

Hi
I don't think you have to be too worried about your own particular area. Just find some general Australian links to places that offer support to children with cognitive additional needs http://www.kidspot.com.au/schoolzone/Sp ... rticle.htm. Here's a link that would work. The question says "community experience or link" There is a table that includes links for early intervention in all states.

Hope that Helps

Deb :-)

Lorina

Re: Relevant community experience or link

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:04 am

I've got some information that may help:

Helping Children Understand Disabilities

:geek:,
L.A