CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A - Scenario: David

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A - Scenario: David

Post by kirstiejm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
David has just arrived at the centre. His wife has just been admitted to hospital in an emergency situation. David runs his own small business and is distraught; his two children aged two and four are only booked into care for two days per week as he cannot afford any more care. With his wife in hospital and no extended family nearby he does not know what to do. He must work to support his wife and family. A space is available for the four year old but the two year old will put the centre over numbers on Thursday and Friday if you take them.
a) How can you support David?
b) What regulation will help you support this family?
c) Who do you need to contact?
d) What financial support may be available to cover the cost of care for this family?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
a) To support David, I would provide emergency care for his children and apply for a licensing extension for the Thursday and Friday for his two year old. I would also give him family support agencies or hotlines to assist his emotional state during this time.

I'm struggling with b. I've googled childcare regulations countless times and I can't seem to find anything.

For question c, wouldn't the person I need to contact just be the higher authority/government about changing the licensing agreements for his children?

d) David can contact Centrelink for financial support during this time.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Module 1: Organisational Requirements

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 am

See if the following helps:

Scenario: David

:geek:,
L.A