CHCIC501A - Natioanl Quality Standards Moderation Process

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ashleigh

CHCIC501A - Natioanl Quality Standards Moderation Process

Post by ashleigh » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501A the process of national quality standards
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
hey guys,

i need some help with these questions-

The following questions relate to the national quality standards moderation process.

1. what documentation is received by the service following the national quality standards decision?

2. How is the national quality standards made available to the public?

3.what can a service do if it does not agree with the national quality standards decision?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. my answer was- An information sheet of a list of topics that they will cover when they visit)
2. my answer- it is published on the website of the new national body, acecqa, and the mychild website)
3. my answer- review their ratings and get them to come out again and review where they didn't pass)

Description and Message:
Help please :)
im stuck and i think what im answering it completely wrong, i cant find the answers they give me on the website they provided, which was acecqa.gov.au

thanks ash.
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

KatyAkachan

Re: please help with these questions

Post by KatyAkachan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 pm

I have no idea for question 1 (we haven't covered much of that stuff in my class yet) but it seems like you answered question 2 fine. You could also say that childcare facilities could have copies available for all staff to refer to if they need to. I'd be surprised if a facility didn't have the NQS in its entirety somewhere for people to read. I'm pretty sure there's also a simplified copy of the NQS available somewhere that the childcare facility could have for parents/relatives/carers to look at along with other brochures, magazines and newsletters etc.
For question 3, it seems like you've answered that pretty well too. There would be a process to go through if a centre thinks that the decision made (like if they didn't pass the inspection) was unfair or incorrect. The centre should look at the feedback they got and which areas they fell short in and try to improve. Then they could, like you said, get an inspector to come out again and check the areas they didn't pass.

Lorina

Re: please help with these questions

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 am

I've got some info that may help you out with the first question.
The authorised officer prepares a draft report. The draft report is provided to the approved provider. The covering letter includes the name and contact details of the person who has responsibility for receiving feedback and the date by which this must occur, generally by week 18 of the process.

The regulatory authority considers any feedback received from the service, determines final ratings and finalises the report. If no feedback is received by week 18, the report is finalised unless an arrangement has been agreed between the regulatory authority and the service.

The regulatory authority sends the final report to the approved provider. The 14 day period in which a review request can be lodged begins when the approved provider receives the report.The covering letter includes information about the review process including:

• that any request for a review must be lodged within 14 days of the approved provider’s receipt of the report
• details of the person to whom a review application is made (name and address)
• what can/cannot be reviewed, and
• the review timeline.

Ref: Guide to Assessment and Ratings For Regulatory Authorities

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A