CHCIC501A

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nannyamanda

CHCIC501A

Post by nannyamanda » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: NQS
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
The question is: In relation to the National quality standards, describe the basic processes of quality assurance (you are not required to include step by step instructions"...

So Im assuming this questions is asking the purpose of QA and how they go about doing it?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
So my answer would be:
The basic process of QA is to set minimum national quality standards for all early childcare services.The National Quality Standards consist of seven Quality Areas, 18 standards and 58 elements.
All childcare services are now required to implement these quality standards and will therefore be routinely assessed and rated against these to ensure the childcare service meets minimum national standards.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501A

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I think for this question they are actually referring to the procedure used for quality assurance. Meaning, briefly describe the method used for quality assurance within an early childhood setting. For example:
The assessment and rating process

Services are assessed and rated against the National Quality Standard. The relevant Regulatory Authority in each state and territory undertakes the assessment and rating process and is the point of contact for any questions services may have about the self-assessment, quality improvement planning, assessment and rating processes.

Does this make sense?

Hopefully I haven't confused you more,

:geek:,
L.A

nannyamanda

Re: CHCIC501A

Post by nannyamanda » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks for that - not sure why the make the questions so hard to understand sometimes???