CHCFC508A - Benefits of Creative Arts For Young Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ashy!33

CHCFC508A - Benefits of Creative Arts For Young Children

Post by ashy!33 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A FOSTER CHILDREN'S AESTHETIC AND CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
QUESTION IN A LINK

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Creative arts is an important part of the child care curriculum because it allows children to practice self-expression, fine motor skills, thinking and many other skills. It is important for art activities not to be highly structured.
Art is a self-expression of your own interpretation or imagination.
Balance – between process and product (process being the doing part and product is the result at the end).
The joy of the art for small children is in the doing and making.
Creative arts involve – visual arts, music, drama and dance.
Arts can be made from real and imagined situations.
By 3 years of age children are able to sing, listen to and respond to a variety of music.
Play a number of basic instruments experiment with sounds and move to a range of music.

Why is a creative art important for children’s development?
Because it helps them develop in all areas such as:
Physical development: by helping them use their small and large muscles whether that be by carrying the art utensils such as a boxes or heavy objects. They are also using there fine motor skills such as when they are gripping pencil’s paint brushes etc. they are also using hand-eye co-ordination when moving their hand to the paper/cardboard box whether that be to draw or write something.
Cognitive
While being creative the children are learning the different colour names and being creative mixing colours to learn and experiment with what different colours they can make by mixing paint such as blue and red makes purple or mixing white and red makes pink. They would also be learning what different things feel like such a smooth, hard, rough soft etc.
Imagination
While being creative the children are using their own imagination thoughts coming up with ideas of what they want to make they use their own interpretation of how they see their creation forming and what they can do. They also are able to imagine what being another person, animal or play a role such as parent or shop owner.
Emotional
Helps the children show emotion/feelings and describe/draw how they are feeling also when an adult praises the child’s work they are helping to make the child/ren develop a high self-esteem and feel good about their creative ideas.
Social
While being creative or playing a role in the game the children are socializing/talking to the other children always coming up with new ideas, working together, sharing roles/equipment.

IS THIS RIGHT IS THERE ANYMORE THAT I CAN ADD??
OR ANY LINKS PEOPLE CAN GIVE ME PLZ??? :)

Description and Message:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HELP!!

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am

You have given a very detailed and informative response. I don't think there is anything else to add! :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

P.S Sorry for my late response I've been away...

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 am

Just one thing... It mentions in your question about linking to the EYLF. I noticed you haven't specifically done this. Check out outcome 5.3 in the following articles available in Wiki on this site. You can incorporate these points into your response:

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/w ... municators

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/w ... municators

L.A

ashy!33

Post by ashy!33 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:05 pm

o thanks lorina i had completely forgot about that part and dont really understand how to link them?? :/
im not currently working in child care and so dont fully understand the EYLF completely.

any assitance you could give me would be amazing :)

again thanks :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Yeah, it's probably hard to get your head around these things if you're not working in Childcare.

Outcome 5.3 Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media, will probably suit your question. Just check these out in the links above and see how you can incorporate it into your response.

I'm also adding another article available in Wiki, Childcare Programming called "Understanding EYLF"

It may help you to understand the EYLF a little better...

Hope this helps,

L.A