CHCFC506A - Telling A Story 3 Different Ways

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MelissaD

CHCFC506A - Telling A Story 3 Different Ways

Post by MelissaD » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC506A- Foster Childrens Language and communication development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I work in the babies room only 2 days a week. I am required to choose a story and tell it in 3 different ways... I am just asking if anyone has any awesome ideas about a story that would be appropriate and exciting for babies and how to do it in 3 ways..

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have come up with Old McDonald or Where is the Green Sheep?
But I am really not sure. I think I will also use a Magnet board, puppets and something else.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC506A - Telling A Story 3 Different Ways

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:34 am

Using visuals such as magnet board/felt board and puppets is great because it supports children to visualize and begin to recognise the characters within the story (or animals). If you are doing Old McDonald which has lots of animals why don't you play animal noises that the children can actually listen to during the story. If you have an Ipad there are a ton of free animal noise apps you can download and use for your story... Or another way is to get an audio story for the children to listen to...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

MelissaD

Re: CHCFC506A - Telling A Story 3 Different Ways

Post by MelissaD » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks :) that helps a bunch! I didn't even think of the ipad. Our centre has one!