CHCFC505A Foster cognitive development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Eliiiizap

CHCFC505A Foster cognitive development

Post by Eliiiizap » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC505A Foster cognitive development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Okay i'm stuck on this one
3. How did you join in children’s play and model reasoning, predicting and reflecting processes and expand on their thinking through conversation and questioning?

4. How did you provide sensory and exploratory experiences with natural and processed materials?

5. How did you introduce appropriate tools, technologies and media and provide the skills, knowledge and techniques to enhance children’s learning?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
3. I haven't really got an answer for this one, my assumption would be that it is by communicating and engaging with the children, asking questions and giving them alternatives...

4. By involving and allowing the children to play on the oval with natural materials such as grass and sand. Processed materials such as balls were provided as well.

5. I provided knowledge and techniques by talking and communicating ideas with children, questioning them and making them think about the problem.

Description and Message:
I would adore any help on these questions... :inlove: :kiss: :inlove:
Thank you in advance.

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCFC505A Foster cognitive development

Post by cathiek » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi Eliiizap
For q3 - ensure that you use open ended questions - not questions that only require yes/no answers. Using open ended questions ensures the conversation can flow. For instance if you are sitting with a child in the sandpit - saying do you like playing in the sandpit can be just a yes/no question and your conversation goes nowhere, but if you say ' tell me what you are building in the sandpit, can lead to a lot more, if they answer a city/mountain/road whatever, you can then ask, what could we use to help you add more to your......... This gives you the chance to expand on their thinking by providing them with pipes/shovels/toy cars etc.
Q4 - sensory can be water/sand/ice/rice/beans/flowers/leaves/pinecones etc. Having available different materials can enhance a child's learning. I wouldn't force them on a child, but have them there and enquire as to how they think they could use these in their play.
Q5. If the play leads the child to ask' how do they really build cities' for instance, you could introduce books, internet, posters to demonstrate this.
Hope this helps a bit
Cathiek

Eliiiizap

Re: CHCFC505A Foster cognitive development

Post by Eliiiizap » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Thank you :)