CHCFC504A - Supporting A Child's Social Competence

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
amanda92

CHCFC504A - Supporting A Child's Social Competence

Post by amanda92 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC504A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Plan two experiences for the child that will support his/her socialcompetence and complete the evaulation using the attached format.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Hi, i have completed the 4 jottings in the leadup to this part of the assignment. The child im observing is 5yrs old (prep).He is quite competent in the his social interactions, very aware of the routine and is able to help engage new children by explaining the rules asscoiated with the task. He seperates from dad very easily and engages in conversations with any aged child. I need to come up with 2 experiences to support his social competence. I was thinking along the lines of allowing him to be a leader for some small group experience that he knows and allow him to explain it to the other children. Other than that im not really sure what i can do as he doesnt have any difficulties in the social development area.

Description and Message:
Hi,
Any help or suggestions would be great :)
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Need an example

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 pm

I like your idea of letting this child be a leader for an experience or game. Even though socially this child may be excelling it's good to enable this child an opportunity to take on leadership. I'm going to add an attachment on social competence in the classroom. It has a variety of experiences you can do which will help develop a child's social competence. You can probably get some ideas on this about another experience you can do for this child.

[attachment=0]Social_Competence_Classroom_Management.doc[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.