CHCECE023 - Observation Records For Child Feedback

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
harleyssky

CHCECE023 - Observation Records For Child Feedback

Post by harleyssky » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE023 - ANALYSE INFROMATON TO INFORM LEARNING
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
this is my question I need to answer

Describe a set of records of observations of a child that could be used to provide feedback to the child about their skills and competence and to promote remembering.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
this is what was thinking I could use please tell me if I on the right track.

a learning Journey:

this term for 3 weeks our class had access to museum in a box from the Australia museum, our box was on spider.

each week we have a interest table set up with the resources from the box for the children to use, we plan and implement art and craft experiences an circle time experience focusing on the resources to us.

over the nest 3 weeks the educators including my self will take pictures of the children engaging and exploring the museum box
starting with the opening of the box as a group experience, each day we set up a interest table and slowly add new resources, we engage in conversation with the children about what they see, what interest them about spider, what hey already know, we do research with the children, go outside exploring the play ground looking for spider we take pictures then extend on this by asking the children to draw pictures or create a spider web as a class using wool, we will talk about how the webs make etc. we read stores and sing songs about spiders. at the end of the 3 weeks all educator gather the pictures and recorded conversations and information and create a learning journey for the children. each learning journey is individual to the children as they contain any comments recorded and contains individual and group pictures. this take a little time to create as each learning journey contain all pictures and information that have be gathered over the 3 weeks. once they are completed we have a group discussion about what we have learnt and see what we can remember about spiders, then as a group the educators we hand out the learning journey for the children to have a look at. the educator sit with the children and talk about what's in each learning journey, what we create them at the end the children put their learning journeys into the special preschool portfolio, the children have access to their portfolio in the class so they can get them out when ever they want to have a look.

Description and Message:
Am I on the right tack with this type of observation. the learning journey is over three week and can contain serval pages and each page has the date with pictures and the relevant information for that date.

any suggestion would be great

Regards
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Observations

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:08 am

From what I understand you need to describe observations on one particular child that you can provide feedback of their learning etc. (to that specific child itself).

For example: you could take a photo of Tom painting a picture of a spider. Then using the photo, discuss with tom what he was doing, colours he used while painting etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

harleyssky

Post by harleyssky » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 pm

thank you.
could I still use this type of observation and choose a child that showed more of an interest than some of the other children and talk to them about what they have learnt etc.

Regards

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes that should be fine... I think you may need to do more than one type of record itself to be able to provide feedback for the child... Also I don't think you need to write the complete observation just more of a description of it...

:geek:,
L.A

harleyssky

Post by harleyssky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm

thank you so much I have explained the observation and also attached copies