CHCECE022 - Different Observation Methods

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ness-C

CHCECE022 - Different Observation Methods

Post by Ness-C » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 pm

This assignment is making me tear my hair out. I need to provide observations in a variety of ways including: transcript, anecdotal, narrative, web of children's questions, etc.
I understand the transcript to be similar to an actual script e.g.
"child a: xyz
child b: abc"

But could someone please explain to me the difference between anecdotes and narratives AND what a web of children's questions would look like? Or send me in the right direction of where to find these answers?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCECE022 - Different Observation Methods

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:14 am

I'm here to save your hair! :lol:

I've got some information on the observation types used while observing children. It also has samples of each observation method used.

[attachment=0]observation_samples_different_methods.docx[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ness-C

Post by Ness-C » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:46 am

Lorina wrote:I'm here to save your hair! :lol:

I've got some information on the observation types used while observing children. It also has samples of each observation method used.

[attachment=0]observation_samples_different_methods.docx[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

Lorina
This is great information, thank you!
Would the web of children's questions be similar to a mind map and can it include my questions/responses as well?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:52 am

Yeah the web will be similar to the mind map. You have the interest topic discussion in the middle then branching out you would have the children's question. You can add your own and just add children's name/your name under the questions asked. As far as responses go this would probably be done as a separate document so the questions asked can be extended upon. For example you have the children's web of questions and then you could probably do a transcript of their responses to the questions or even a narrative etc. You could even do another web of their responses with a popular question the children seem to be interested in discussing. Even though you are doing a separate document for responses this can also be included in the web since when asking the question a lot of children will respond with their own thoughts and ideas.

Hope this helps,

Lorina