CHCECE019 - Centre Profile & Situational Analysis

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rockchick1971

CHCECE019 - Centre Profile & Situational Analysis

Post by Rockchick1971 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE019-Facilitate compliance in an ECE service
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
Am I on the right track for layout of situational Analysis/Centre profile?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have looked over my previous situational analysis and searched on the web/Tafe about it.

Description and Message:
Hi everyone, I just joined today and am a wife and a mother of 3 boys-20yrs,17yrs and 9yrs old and am currently rounding the end of my diploma having 4 weeks left to finish whilst working in the field.
The CHCECE019 assessment I'm doing now is the QIP and I think Im on the right track as far as filling it all out and Ive chosen to focus on the Quality Area 3. I got the template from ACECQA for Task 2.

However, with Task 1-the Centre profile and situational analysis, I just need to confirm whether I have the correct understanding, would I set it out over the main stake holders mentioned in the philosophy ie children, families, staff and community in one column and their current situation and in the next column compare how the philosophy statement may or may not marry up with these 4 areas.

I thought about also writing up an overall assessment of how the plan has worked and been beneficial to stimulating the children's leaning.

Does this sound right? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks heaps, Pam :)
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCECE019 - Centre Profile & Situational Analysis

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:56 am

Hi Pam,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Just want to confirm that for Task 1 you need to do a Centre Profile and Situation Analysis.

A centre profile would probably include information on location, how many children it's licensed for, how many staff and their qualifications, assessment rating, hours of operation, age groups of children etc.

A situation analysis refers to a collection of methods that managers use to analyse an organization's internal and external environment to understand the organization's capabilities, customers, and business environment (ref: Wikipedia).

On writing up a situational analysis maybe you can use headings such as these:

Situational Analysis

Which will help you to formulate your analysis....

I am also providing some additional information on writing up the QIP just in case you need to confirm if you are doing it correctly.

[attachment=0]QualityImprovementPlanFINAL (3).rtf[/attachment]

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rockchick1971

Post by Rockchick1971 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi LA, Thanks for messaging me so fast.The previous Situational Analysis in the programming unit was fine and I used those headings. With this one I realise now from your advice that i'll need to show that I gathered the info for Profile prior to filling in the QIP first as a process.
The ACECQA QIP template is excellent! Thanks for links.
Ill make up a separate sheet for a centre profile under the titles you mentioned. I just found a SWOT handout I got from Tafe, fell out of my folder lol. Ok, so then for the Analysis, I would compare the four areas with their strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and threats whilst incorporating the Centres Philosophy.Checking Wikipedia now..
I missed those two workshops due to MIL passing away and sickness, which set me back a bit. Least the Physical Evironment is going to be a fun project for the toddlers,were painting a pallet tomorrow for a vertical garden to be ready for Assessors visit on Thursday.
Can't THANKYOU enough for clarifying this for me, you're a gem! Best regards, Pam ;)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:08 am

Hi Pam,

Sounds like you got everything covered in regards to getting the centre profile and situation analysis complete! :thumbup:

The vertical garden sounds very interesting! Would love to see some photos :).

I'm glad to hear that the QIP I attached has helped you out. I have a lot of different resources available so if you need anything just let me know. I also have a knack for finding information online so I'm always here to help out!

Hope all goes well with the assessors for the week ahead and just wanted to say my condolences to you and your family on your recent loss.

See you around the forum,

:geek:,
L.A

Rockchick1971

Post by Rockchick1971 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi LA, went well! Ive passed already. Only 2 assignments to finish and hand in this week.Thanks so much for your thoughts too.
P.s.Will do with the Pallet Garden, we have Lettuce growing well in it now and Parents are offering supplies! So much fun.. :)