CHCECE017 - Relationship Between Physical, Social and Psychological Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
J.C

CHCECE017 - Relationship Between Physical, Social and Psychological Development

Post by J.C » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Physical development is often linked with social and psychological development. Describe how they are interrelated and give some examples of experiences that support both areas of development?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Im not really sure on this but are they interrelated because children that are at the same physical stage tend to bond with one another, where as a child who may be delayed in his motor skills may not be able to keep up with the other children? Am I on the right track? Also could I have some ideas on experiences which support both areas of development?

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HELP Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:52 am

I was thinking more of the lines of that when children are involved in physical activity it is usually done so within groups of other children. Being part of a team or even kicking, throwing or catching a ball to another child, a child needs to develop social skills in order to interact and engage in play with others.

You may be find some experiences in Children's Activities and Games available in our Wiki...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A