CHCCN511B - Conduct Disorder

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Astrolady

CHCCN511B - Conduct Disorder

Post by Astrolady » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: ChCCN511B - Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I need to develop a supervision plan about how a centre will meet the needs for supervising children with conduct disorder. I need to consider the activites they will be involved in during the day and how I will make sure that they and their peers are kept safe.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. The centre will ensure that staff-to-child ratios are present at all times and that at least 1 staff member is trained in crisis management and/or non-violent crisis intervention. Staff will share with one another any successful strategies that can be put into place.

2. Explain to other children about the safety of walking away if the child with conduct behaviour begins to get aggressive. If the child does begin to get aggressive help the children move away safely to another area. Remove things from the immediate area that the child may hurt themselves with.

3. Keep routines as predictable and consistent as possible. When the child is doing the right thing, give them praise and reward the child for showing appropriate behaviour. If the behaviour does escalate speak to the child privately about it. Not in front of other children.

4. Do not enter into arguments with the child. State the facts by acknowledging the behaviour and explain how it will need to change. Remain calm at all times

Description and Message:
I have no idea if I am on the right track. I have googled Conduct Disorder for the last hour. Am I missing anything? Do I need to delete anything? (not sure on point 4) Any further information will be greatly appreciated.