CHCCN511B - Case Scenario: Helen Damages Her Knee

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
manjot
Participator
Participator

CHCCN511B - Case Scenario: Helen Damages Her Knee

Post by manjot » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN511B Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children.
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Helen (a staff member)uses her foot to push a heavy crate aside so she can get to the equipment at the back of the storeroom. As a result she damages her knee.
i. Who is responsible?

ii. Reason:

iii. What medical assistance would be required?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I m not sure yet.I completed two scenario and stuck with this last question of my assessment.

Description and Message:
can anyone help me with this scenarion.
thanx :think:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Health and safety

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am

Why did she use her foot to push the crate? Should she have asked someone to assist her in moving the crate so she can get the equipment? What other options did she have to move the crate? Why was the crate there in the first place?

For a damaged knee, depending on how bad it is... going to the doctors, getting x-rays, taking pain medication etc.

:geek:,
L.A

manjot
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCN511B - Case Scenario: Helen Damages Her Knee

Post by manjot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 am

Hi L.A. thanx
thanx so much,
nice to have such a great website like this to be able to help out people like me who are having trouble.
you are awesome. thanx for yout time and giving answer to my both question. :clap: :clap: