CHC3098 - Gathering evidence For Curriculum Decision Making

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Tipara

CHC3098 - Gathering evidence For Curriculum Decision Making

Post by Tipara » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHC30908
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Explain how you will ensure that you will gather sufficient evidence to make informed curriculum decision making across at least three of the five Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) Learning Outcomes

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I wrote that the information I gathered through my observations has to be documented and put into proper portfolio and have discussions with to other staff to analyse the needs of the child. Am I on the right track. how can I ensure that I have gathered sufficient evidence and how do I link it to EYLF outcomes.

Description and Message:
Please help with this question as I am stuck here
Thankyou in advance
Cheers
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Cluster 5 Facilitate and Evaluate Play and Learning

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:19 am

See if the following article available in our Wiki ----> Childcare Programming helps:

EYLF Programming and Planning In Childcare

:geek:,
L.A

Tipara

Re: CHC3098 - Gathering evidence For Curriculum Decision Making

Post by Tipara » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:33 pm

sorry for replying late
Thank you for you help. I had managed to answer the question.
thank you for your time, Much appreciated
Cheers

Agata79

Post by Agata79 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:51 am

Hi!I'm stuck on the same question. Can you please tell me how can I ensure that I have gathered sufficient evidence and how do I link it to EYLF outcomes?
Thanks!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:21 am

Agata79 wrote:Hi!I'm stuck on the same question. Can you please tell me how can I ensure that I have gathered sufficient evidence and how do I link it to EYLF outcomes?
Thanks!!!

Gathering evidence could be through observing, talking to the child, getting input from parents, taking a photo of the child engaged in an experience, observing their interests,from a learning story etc. As long as the evidence you gather shows what the child's interest, skills or abilities are then it is sufficient enough. To link a learning outcome you need to find one which best describes the goal the child is able to achieve through the information of evidence gathered. There is no right or wrong. Completely your decision...

:geek:,
L.A