Beliefs About Social/Emotional Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
danaimste

Beliefs About Social/Emotional Development

Post by danaimste » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: SUPPORT EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
CHCFC504A
SUPPORT EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
CHCFC504A
SUPPORT EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD CHCFC504A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
3. Provide an example of a belief that you have about social development, then interview a person from a different culture, perhaps a colleague or someone you may know well. Ask them to talk about their beliefs about social development. Write a short piece that compares and contrasts the two beliefs.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have attempted to start answering but not happy with it
I believe that adult interactions with young children establish the base for a healthy social development. When children are treated with respect they learn how to respect others. A child who is listened to will respect others and listen to them. A child who is talked over will talk over others when they are talking

Description and Message:
I need to know if I am on the right track and ideas where to go to from here
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

gigix77

Re: support emotional and psychlogical

Post by gigix77 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm

You could think about how a child developed socially from a Greek culture for example. What celebrations or beliefs they had. How were they allowed or expected to behave or their parents views on education or marriage compared to your own social development and beliefs as a child.
One of my beliefs about social development is manners.