assignment child protection laws

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ana.D
Participator
Participator

assignment child protection laws

Post by ana.D » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Cluster 1 diplomà
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
3. According to your role as an educator, list the legislative requirements that are relevant to this topic from the:
 Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)  Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010).

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
3. According to your role as an educator, list the legislative requirements that are relevant to this topic from the:
 Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)  Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010).
3.The legislative requirements that are relevant to this topic from the:
 Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011) - standard 5.2 , elemant - 5.2.3
 Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010)- Child Protection and Other Acts Amendment Bill 2010.
Division 6 Disclosure of information
271 Disclosure of information to other authorities
272 Disclosure of information to education and care services
273 Duty of confidentiality
Child Protection Legislation Amendment (Children's Guardian)
3.3 Children (Education and Care Services National Law 10 Application) Act 2010 No 104 11 Section 15 Working with children law
Part 3 Amendment of Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000
chapter 8A , 357C

Description and Message:
I am desperately looking for some help!
After spending 4 hrs with this , im on the verge of giving up
Please help!

Lorina

Re: assignment child protection laws

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 pm

OK, don't give up just yet... So, if I'm understanding correctly you need to find the regs and law that relate to child protection...

I'm providing you with theGuide To National Law and National Regulations and it has information regarding child protection on page 58. Within the National Law child protection fall under "Sections 166-167" and National Regulation "Regulations 84 - 167".

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

ana.D
Participator
Participator

Post by ana.D » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks a lot, I wl write my ans now!

ana.D
Participator
Participator

Post by ana.D » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:44 pm

I need help with the following questions -
1. Name the policy of your service relevant to child protection. In your own words, describe how it protects the rights of children.
2. Outline the reporting process for the suspected abuse of a child in your service
3. Utilising service policy and recognised sources, outline the steps and strategies you would take to manage the following situation. You must reference your source/s.
You are supervising the children in the bathroom. Mia removes her long pants in readiness to go to the toilet. You notice four large bruises across the back of her legs. It is a warm day and when you ask Mia if she would prefer to change into a pair of shorts she replies “No, Mummy told me I must keep my long pants on today.”
i am using the policy documents from work for the 1 and 2 questions, can you help me with 3
thankyou

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:20 am

Maybe this can help:

[attachment=0]child-abuse-booklet.rtf[/attachment]

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.