Analyse

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lil_snowdrop

Analyse

Post by lil_snowdrop » Wed May 14, 2014 10:41 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE017 Foster the Holistic Development and Wellbeing of the Child in Early Childhood
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
What interests can you identify from the children?

Infant case study and observations-Tamryn

Tamryn is 9 months old. Both Tamryn’s parents work six days per week and her Grandmother lives with the family. Tamryn has no siblings. Tamryn attends the service two days per week and her Grandmother cares for her the other days. She has been attending the service for six months now. She responds to adult interactions with smiles, babbling and laughter. When Tamryn starts to get tired she will rub her eyes and crawls closely to her bag and points to it whilst looking for her dummy. She snuggles in when the educator feed her a bottle and she will usually go straight off to sleep placed in her cot and rubbing of her back for a short time. When she wakes Tamryn pulls herself to a standing position, holding onto the side of the cot, looks around for Kim the room leader and sings out until Kim appears. Tamryn will often be seen throwing her dummy on the floor whilst waiting. Educators are frequently having to wash her dummy and often spending time searching for it after Tamryn’s rest/sleep times. If another educator approaches Tamryn upon her waking and asks “Do you won’t me to lift you out of your cot or wait for Kim?” Tamryn looks at the educator and then quickly sits back down in her cot and waits for Kim.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
At first i was thinking of physical development (pointing, standing up with help, sitting down) but i am not too sure if it is correct. On the other hand it seems like Language Development too (verbal: babbling, non-verbal: smiling, responding to questions, pointing)

Description and Message:
Dear all,

I am struggling to identify child's interest in this case study. Help me to brainstorm! Thanks :thumbup:

Lorina

Re: Analyse

Post by Lorina » Thu May 15, 2014 4:08 pm

I think you're on the right track with your response and you could make a list of all the points you mentioned...

:geek:,
L.A

lil_snowdrop

Re: Analyse

Post by lil_snowdrop » Wed May 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Thanks!