agencies you may work collaborative with in terms of child protection

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chrissy91

agencies you may work collaborative with in terms of child protection

Post by chrissy91 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi just wanting to know if i'm on the right track with my answers...

(1) List 5 agencies you may work collaborative with in terms of child protection.
all i can think of is child protection, police and health professionals.
(2) How do you determine that toys and equipment are safe for children?
My Answer: To determine if toys and equipment are safe for children you must carry out daily safety checks to identify and remove hazards, Make sure toys and equipment are not broken or have sharp edges, small parts etc, Check all toys for poor design and manufacture, Ensure that all toys are age appropriate including ride on toys.
(3) Who are the high risk groups for basic fire safety? unsure if my answers are right
My Answers: Flammable liquids such as petrol,ethanol, Hot surfaces such as stoves, Electrical appliances, Matches, lighters, cigarettes, Outdoor barbecues and incineration
(4) When are fire injuries in the home more likely to occur? unsure with this one aswell
My Answers: Fire injuries are more likely to occur during the night (11pm – 7am) and for Homes that are not fitted with smoke alarms
(5) If you notice a form of abuse or neglect or a child disclosure the information, what is your responsibility.
My Answers: My responsibility would be to report it immediately and do not ignore it
Give the child or young person your full attention.
Maintain a calm appearance.
Don't be afraid of saying the "wrong" thing.
Reassure the child or young person it is right to tell.
Accept the child or young person will disclose only what is comfortable and recognise the bravery/strength of the child for talking about something that is difficult.
Let the child or young person take his or her time.
Let the child or young person use his or her own words.
Don't make promises you can't keep.
Tell the child or young person what you plan to do next.
Do not confront the perpetrator
(6) Describe what the purpose of an interagency approach is in the context of child protection. Unsure if my answer is right
The purpose of an interagency is that it provides information and guidance to all agencies involved in the delivery of child well being and child protection They are intended to enhance consistency and promote best practice service delivery to vulnerable children, young people, and families.
(7) What are your state or territory processes for notifying suspected abuse and reporting process responsibilities?
Unsure of this question as i can't find anything about it (My state is QLD)
(8) What are some ethical areas you need to be aware of when working with children?
Is this question referring to parental requests, staff actions, communication strategies
actions or specific practices implemented, ways or means of communication, ideas or beliefs
(9) Give a description of what ethical decision making may involve. Can't find anything about this either
(10) Name 2 legal obligations you have as an educator towards protecting a child?
My Answers Duty of care & Mandatory reporting
(11) In a regulated education and care service, name all the key participants who would be responsible for implementing the relevant learning frame work, organisational standards and policies and procedures.
My Answer: Educators, director, children, parents, families, other staff, casual educators, room leaders, certified supervisor.
(12) Identify 3 relevant standards or codes of practice that is relevant to the childcare sector
My Answer: Standard 1.1 An approved learning framework informs the development of a curriculum that enhances each child’s learning and development.
Standard 2.1 Each child’s health is promoted
Standard 3.1 The design and location of the premises is appropriate for the operation of a service
(13) Name 5 key responsibilities as a childcare worker?
My Answer 1. Supervise and monitor the safety of children in your care.
2. Prepare meals and organise mealtimes and snacks for children.
3. Help children keep good hygiene
4. Teaching social skills
5. Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest and play time.
(14) Describe what principles and practices you use for upholding the rights of the client (parent and child). i could only find this about it My answers Non-Discrimination
Best interests of the child
The right to survival and development
The views of the child
Parents and Families care for and protect their children and engage in decision making that has an impact on them and their children.
Children and young people participate in decisions affecting them.
Communities support and protect all their members, and support families to raise their children, particularly vulnerable families.
Non-government organisations deliver services (including on behalf of governments), contribute to the development of policy, programs and the evidence based and actively promote child safety, protection, rights and well being.
(15) What are the principles and practices of confidentiality? couldn't find much on this either
My answer Collection: An organisation must not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for one or more of its functions or activities.

Use and disclosure: An organisation must not use or disclose personal information about an individual for a purpose (the secondary purpose) other than the primary purpose of collection.

Data quality: An organisation must take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.

Data security: An organisation must take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
Openness: An organisation must set out in a document clearly expressed policies on its management of personal information. The organisation must make the document available to anyone who asks for it.

(16) What are your rights and responsibilities as a worker in the child care industry?
My Answer My rights:
- Rights for anti-discrmination
- Rights for privacy
- Rights to healthy safe work place
- Responsibilities as an employee
- Returning to work after illness or injury
My Responsibilities:
- Identify if the job requested is reasonable
- Notify work relates incidents
- keep up with the licences
- Must cooperate with employer in matters of health and safety