UNIT 6 - Fortnightly Menu With Food Frequency Checklist

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
magnolia

UNIT 6 - Fortnightly Menu With Food Frequency Checklist

Post by magnolia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 am

Hello,

I am struggling with understanding the food frequency checklist, I need help understanding what I'm doing wrong, I've attached two images of my work.

and

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as my teachers comment hasn't really helped me understand.

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Re: UNIT 6: Promote and provide healthy food

Post by niddy71 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:50 pm

What are the teachers comments about your plan ?

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Post by niddy71 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:50 pm

What are the teachers comments about your plan ?

magnolia

Post by magnolia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:48 pm

"This is the recommended serves and your menu above should tick all the boxes and recommended amounts.

Recheck if you children had your menu for 2 weeks would the food be all ticked the amount of times recommended?"

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Post by niddy71 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 am

Seems like you have done that...
Mine was different as I had to do a 2 week menu plan for two different age groups and none of my stuff was aloud to
repeat its self and I had to write down how much Sat Fat in each lunch meal...That was a pain..

I didn't have a check list...

Lorina

Re: UNIT 6 - Fortnightly Menu With Food Frequency Checklist

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:21 am

Beef/Lamb - I cant see anything on your menu
Vegetarian - Is that including Minestrone?
Vegetables - Thursday only vegetables in Late PM

I think it's easier to use a different colour/highlight the food frequency so it's easier for you to identify. Also you should include what your serving in each meal for example: tuna mornay - what does it include? you can add tuna, cheese, broccoli, carrot, peas etc. Just so you are able to easily identify the frequency servings within your menu...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

magnolia

Re: UNIT 6 - Fortnightly Menu With Food Frequency Checklist

Post by magnolia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am

Lorina wrote:Beef/Lamb - I cant see anything on your menu
Vegetarian - Is that including Minestrone?
Vegetables - Thursday only vegetables in Late PM

I think it's easier to use a different colour/highlight the food frequency so it's easier for you to identify. Also you should include what your serving in each meal for example: tuna mornay - what does it include? you can add tuna, cheese, broccoli, carrot, peas etc. Just so you are able to easily identify the frequency servings within your menu...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
I was considering the minestrone soup to be under the "beef" category and the Avocado and Ricotta Fritters is the only vegetarian meal on the list since it's accommodating this question: "Assessment 1: Written Assessment – Menu Planning

Plan a nutritionally balanced, one week menu suitable for a group of 2 to 4 year old children in an early childhood service or home based care with nutritional, dietary and cultural requirements fulfilled.

You will need to consider the following when planning your menu:
Ensure the children’s nutritional needs are met.
Provide food and drink that is varied for their age and stage of development. Each snack or main meal must be different in your menu plan. There are to be no repeats of recipes, eg do not have cheese and savoury biscuits for two days in a row.
Accommodate special dietary requirements and preferences including:
A child (2 years) who is ova-lacto vegetarian who attends on Tuesday
A child (4 years) who is lactose intolerant who attends Thursday.

Also include in your menu appropriate foods that reflect a range of different cultures (minimum of two cultures must be identified).

Present your menu in table (grid) format.

Using the Food Frequency checklist, evaluate your menu.

Provide a written summary for each day, using the considerations above as a guide, explaining how and why the meals, drinks, morning and afternoon teas were selected (approx. 1-1.5 pages).

Include a bibliography of references and resources used."