Strategies to meet QLD WHS legislation

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
catnap
Helper
Helper

Strategies to meet QLD WHS legislation

Post by catnap » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HTLOHS300B RPL
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
List 10 strategies you use in your service to meet legislation and or standards

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Checking floors are not slippery, check playgroup equipment. Have looked at previous studies/workbooks.

Description and Message:
Hi! I am working on RPl in regards to new QLD WHS legislation. I was not sure what the question means in regards to listing 10 stategies I would use in the childcare service to meet legislation and or standards. I was thinking along the lines of ensuring the floors are not slippery or items such as toys are not on the floor for children/staff to trip or fall. Checking playgroup equipment is safe. Of am I on the wrong track here?! I was not sure about this question, so that is why I am checking. Hope someone can point me in the right direction if I am wrong!
Thanks!
Cheers to all