Scenarios: Cooking and Dessert

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Scenarios: Cooking and Dessert

Post by Jaspreetatri » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Scenario 1.
Michael is working independantly, thinking about how to use the various cooking utensils to make his spaghetti and meatballs.

Suggest one activity you could provide to support this developmental area/skill:
I wrote: Pretend you are a chef and giving Michael instructions of how to use utensils to make spaghetti. Using sand, earth, flowers and leaves can make great ingredients for pretend cooking.

Scenario 2.
The babies and toddlers are sitting at table eating their dessert at lunch time.

Suggest one activity you could provide to support this developmental area/skill:
I wrote: Sit with children during meal time and encourage conversation like: food smell, its colour, texture and the dessert they like the most, in short- create an interest among the children regarding food.
Or
Sing song like ice cream –ice cream or hot cross buns at the dessert time.

My assessor told me these answers are not correct. what I suggest need to be an extension of learning and needs to relate to the developmental skills the child is demonstrating in the scenarios.

Have no idea what else to write, please help me.
Its my last attempt

Lorina

Re: observing children

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Jaspreetatri wrote:QR_BBPOST Scenario 1.
Michael is working independantly, thinking about how to use the various cooking utensils to make his spaghetti and meatballs.

Maybe you could add variety of utensils in the sandpit for Michael to practice with or set up a kitchen with play dough for him to use his utensils...

Jaspreetatri wrote:QR_BBPOST The babies and toddlers are sitting at table eating their dessert at lunch time.

Create your won dessert with babies such as ice-cream or make a cake to share during afternoon tea...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina