Scenario: Zari, Maria & Pareevash

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
j.wilko91

Scenario: Zari, Maria & Pareevash

Post by j.wilko91 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 am

i have no idea how to respond to the following scenario, been stuck on it for weeks.

how would you respond in a way that respects the rights of the children?

Zari (4.9 months) and Pareevash (4.2 months)started with you in care on the same day, two years ago. They have been constant companions ever since. They both attend the service for five days a week. Recently Maria (5.1years) has begun attending one day a week. Maria and Zari enjoy playing together on the day that Maria attends. The children have been involved in the dramatic play corner working with a doctors and nurses theme. Today Zari refused to allow Pareevash to be involved in any way in her play with Maria. Pareevash was very upset.

its my first time on this site so i hope it works
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 31, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

jennifer10038

Re: Respecting rights

Post by jennifer10038 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:20 pm

I need help on this question too. All I have is that we should explain to Zari that everyone have the right to be equal and treated the same. Therefore, Zari should allow Pareevash to play. But it doesn't sound like enough.
Hopefully someone will help us out.

Lorina

Re: Respecting rights

Post by Lorina » Fri May 31, 2013 5:12 am

You could suggest to Zari to include Preevash in their play. Since Zari and Maria are playing doctors and nurses, you could also suggest a role for Preevash, so they can play all together.

I also don't think it's necessary for children to be forced to play together. If they don't want to play with a friend then that's alright. You can't force children to be friends with another child or make them play with someone they don't want to. In this scenario you can encourage Prevash to play with another child or let Preevash know that Zari will play with Maria today and tomorrow they will play together again.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A