Scenario: Keeping Teeth Healthy

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
purvi

Scenario: Keeping Teeth Healthy

Post by purvi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: provide care for children
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
During group time with a small group of four year olds, you discuss brushing your teeth. Lily tells you that her father says brushing teeth is very important. She brushes her teeth after every meal. Chandrak comments he brushes his own teeth now. He even puts the toothpaste on by himself. Ashleigh laughs as she tells you that when her and her brother get sent to the bathroom to brush their teeth, they sometimes pretend they have and trick their mother. Bailey tells the children, “if you don’t brush your teeth you’ll look like my pop, his teeth all falled out.” Several of the children make no comment at all.Think about each of the children.
1. What has influenced the children’s thoughts on brushing their teeth?
2. Which children are more likely to be competent at this skill and why?
3. Plan and record what you will say and do during this routine time tomorrow to follow up on this discussion.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
r children influenced by bailey on brushing their teeth
children who are more influenced may be more competent

Description and Message:
i need help on this questions any one there to help me would be highly appreciated
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: provide care for children

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 pm

1. What has influenced the children’s thoughts on brushing their teeth?

Not so much that the children are influenced by Bailey, more so that the children are sharing their experiences on brushing their teeth. They are sharing what they have either observed or what they do at home. This is what influences their thoughts.
2. Which children are more likely to be competent at this skill and why?

Who do you think are better at brushing their teeth? The ones who brush their teeth regularly or hardly ever? Think about children who understand the necessity of keeping their teeth healthy and clean. If you understand the benefits wouldn't you take more care?
3.Plan and record what you will say and do during this routine time tomorrow to follow up on this discussion

Check out the following link. It gives you ideas on activities for teaching kids about teeth, going to the dentist etc...

http://www.dent.umich.edu/media/teachor ... ssons.html

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

purvi

Re: Scenario: Keeping Teeth Healthy

Post by purvi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am

Dear L.A
Thanks a lot for the help . Your help is highly appreciated . As i was running late to submit my assignments i already posted the answers but after receiving feed back from you i am quite sure i may clear my assignments . thanks a lot a lot for helping me .
purvi :)