Responding to a child with a potential illness

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
catnap
Helper
Helper

Responding to a child with a potential illness

Post by catnap » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi! I am reading through my study IV OOSH and also relates to younger kids, but I am undergoing Prac with Pre schoolers in a Child Care Centre. One of the assessments asks about responding to a child with a potential illness. What were the signs of the illness and or symptoms, what emotional state was the child in and when did you inform the parents ect ect. As I have not really seen any children with a potenial illness during my prac or actually informed parents. How do I answer this? Or do I relate it on what I have seen or heard other staff members discussing with an ill child during my time there at the Centre?
Or maybe ask my trainer about this as I have to be signed off by a staff member in relation to these questions before I hand in my assignment for marking in a couple of weeks.
Cheers! :)
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic has been moved, topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Prac and study relating to illness.

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:29 am

If you are already doing prac at a preschool ask the team leader to give you a copy of the illness policy and procedure. This should explain exactly the steps involved when dealing with a sick child and the procedure to follow. Using this information, you can complete your assessment.

Since this question is related to an assignment, next time please post it in the correct assignment forum.

:geek:,
L.A

catnap
Helper
Helper

Re: Responding to a child with a potential illness

Post by catnap » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi LA!
thanks very much for the reply - oops sorry I thought I had put the topic in the correct place - 'twas in a great rush!
Cheers for now