Resource folder

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Resource folder

Post by Steffelz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:13 pm

I need to make a resource file, and Ive totally confused myself with all the sections and sub sections and what needs to be where, and I would really appreciate if someone could un-confuse my brain :)

I know that there need to be 4 main sections which are:
0-2years
2-3 years
3-5 years
6-12 years.

Each section needs a folder for each developmental area which are:

Cognitive
Physical
Social
Emotional and Psychological
Language
Creativity and art
Music and Movement
Science
Maths
Technology
Stories and Literature
( I am unsure if these are right, or if they need more or maybe less)
Then there are topics which I have no idea if they need their own folder(if they are developmental areas or not) or need to be sub folders or sections in another area, these include: environmental appreciation, physical fitness, manipulative, special occasions, sensory, drama
Cognitive folder needs subfolders for certain things but Im not sure what.

Physical folder needs subfolders for gross motor and fine motor and fundamental movement skills

Im pretty sure the other folders need subfolders too but I seem to have confused myself beyond comprehension

If anyone could help me I would really REALLY appreciate it
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Resource folder

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Steffelz,

When I did this for my diploma all I had to do was come up with 5 different activities per age group for each developmental domain... By the sounds of it they over complicated it now...LOL...

Are you able to post up the exact question so I can have a read through it?

Sorry I can't be of much help,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Resource folder

Post by Steffelz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey L.A,
Im only doing my cert 3, but the college Im doing it with seems to enjoy challenging me. Its not a question as such, They say that I need to create a resource file for lesson plans, activities etc that I will take with me through my Career. Here are the vague directions they have given me:

" It is useful to have your own collection of learning activities that you can use with different age groups and developmental stages. You can refer to this collection for ideas when you are planning experiences for the weekly/fortnightly plan.

To extend the children's opportunities to reach their potential we need to provide a selection of developmentally appropriate experiences covering all of the development areas for children.

The development areas include fine motor, gross motor, sensory, music, maths, science and technology, language and literature, art/creativity, and music and movement etc.

A resource file is a place where you can store your collection of activities experiences, and as well as all your ideas and plans. In this section, you will begin creating your own resource file, which you can add to as you continue studying and working.

Resource files are usually stored in a physical file"

Then in another part of the instructions (that I cant copy and paste because its in a picture type thing) it includes other things like Physical, Cognitive special occasions, science and maths, physical fitness, Stories and Literature, Technology, Creative arts, Environmental appreciation, Music movement and dance, Manipulative, Sensory Dramatic ,Play, Social development,Emotional and Psychological Development, Language Development,Creativity and art,Music and Movement.

So when I eventually figure out how to put this all together in the right way, I will take it with me when I do my vocational placement, and I will get a mark for having a file, then a mark for having all the categories and having them in the right order.

Ive emailed my tutor twice about this and she hasnt gotten back to me :(
So I have a little bit of a dilemma.
If I cant figure it out, Ill just put it together somehow and hope Im right lol
:)