Provide Care for babies

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
muttley
Participator
Participator

Provide Care for babies

Post by muttley » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN305B: Provide Care for Babies
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Draw up a floor plan of an ideal indoor and outdoor facility. Attach the floor plan to this activity and use it to describe the steps that have been taken to ensure that the environment is welcoming and offers a relaxed, flexible atmosphere to accommodate the individuality of clients. Do I need to do individual rooms and a plan of the front and back yards where the outdoor play equipment is for babies (front) and back for the toddler room and the kindy room? Thanks.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have drawn a basic plan of the centre that I work in. Not sure if I need to do individual rooms and separate ones for the outdoor areas. Any help would be much appreciated.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Provide Care for babies

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I think for this question you need to do a floor plan of one room only both indoor and outdoor. Then using this floor plan attach it to the activity to describe how you will make it welcoming etc. Within the floor plan I think you will probably need to include where certain areas are, shelves, tables, carpets etc. Hopefully this makes sense.

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am

I would think since the module is care for babies the floor plan should be the indoor/outdoor environment for the babies room.

So include windows, doors, all furniture, toilets/change tables etc

This may clarify how to do a floor plan -
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=babie ... 76&bih=680

Julz76

Post by Julz76 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Hello,

I had the exact same question.
I was going to draw a whole daycare but wasn't sure. Now I will do just the one room and outdoor area.
Who are you doing your course through?
I am doing mine through ITHEA and some of the way the questions are written are quite confusing. I have had to read them a couple of times and come back to them the next day.

Hope you are going well with it all.
:-)

muttley
Participator
Participator

Post by muttley » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Julz76,

I am doing mine through Enable College. I am working in a centre fulltime whilst studying at the same time. At least I am getting on the job training. My director and fellow staff are fantastic in helping me with any questions I have. I have just finished my plans and am ready to hand in this module. I have only done 2 modules as I only started the course about a month or so ago.
There is a lot of reading involved, and as I am a newbie to working in child care, I get a bit overwhelmed sometimes but the children I work with are fantastic and make it all worthwhile by giving me big smiles and hugs and making me laugh.
How are you going?

Julz76

Post by Julz76 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi Muttley,

Im going ok. I am still in my current job in the printing trade and doing the course online part-time. I only started last week. Some things are confusing. Luckily I have kids and they go to caycare so I ask then questions they are a great help. Problem is they all did the course so long ago not many of them know the new framework and the questions are totally different.

Hope all goes well for you.

Julz76

Post by Julz76 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi,

Have you had the question describe what you believe to be the ideal physical environment for child care. That is what do you consider to be the best methods of accommodating the needs of babies with regards to, Internal environment/external environment & safety and security of children in a care situation.??
I am confused as it says accompany your description with relevant plans, products descriptions and brochures??

muttley
Participator
Participator

Post by muttley » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 pm

Howdy,

I haven't come across that question yet but I reckon I have read something about it on the forum here. Good luck.

narelle relle

Post by narelle relle » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm

CHCCN305A I am struggling to find to right direction for question 9 regarding licencing regulations that may impact on babies in care. Any suggestions.Thanks..

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Start a new topic and write the complete question
When you ask for help for a question on someone else's thread it will probably get overlooked