Physical Environments for childcare

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Julz76

Physical Environments for childcare

Post by Julz76 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN305B Cert III Child Services
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Describe what you believe to be the ideal physical environment for childcare. That is what do you consider to be the best methods of accommodating the needs of babies & infants with regards to:
the internal environment
the external environment
the safety and security of children in a care situation
Give a clear and succinct reasons for all your choices. Accompany your description with relevant plans, product descriptions/brochures.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
So far I have said:
I consider the internal environment to be accommodating to the childrens needs, when it provides a stimulating, safe and child friendly environment. The area should be clean & safe so babies can explore. It should be filled with age approriate toys and with interesting and stimulating things to explore. There should be distinct eating and diapering areas and setup should be practical for caregivers, allowing them to focus on the children. My reasons for these choices are, the atmosphere meets the children's developmental needs. It creates a feeling of safety & comfort, it is an atmosphere where they can develop their skills and interests and become independent.

Description and Message:
Ok am I on the right track or have I mis interpreted the question?
I know how I would set up the outdoor as well and the reasons I would set it up like that, but I can't think of why I would need descriptions of plans and product descriptions??

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Physical Environments for childcare

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:27 am

It also sounds like they want you to plan the physical environment with products such as activities, toys, experiences you will add to the environment which will benefit Babies.. For example: push along toys, puzzles, play mats, hard covered books, baby toys, etc...